This is a web site where you can upload and share your (preferably annotated) chess games. The main reason I created this site, though, is to train my chess skills. Chess diagrams are printed in the games just before any critical move, so that you can stop at a diagram and try and guess the move.
Important : The games you post must be either commented by yourself, or they cannot be copyrighted by third parties! If you insist on posting copyrighted games, make sure they are private !
Search for games
You can search for games other users have uploaded. Just go to Search games and enter some search criteria. You can then export the games you found to the PGN format.
I am mainly interested in annotated games. Emphasis here is on training, not search in a database.
Show a game
When browsing games, you can choose to watch a game. The simple game viewer allows you to go back and forth in the game, or to jump to a move. You have to click on the board to go back to the original position
A link to the game can be seen at the bottom of the game viewer, so that you can link to the game from your web site
What makes this site different, though, is the option to print diagrams. When viewing a game, you are expected to stop at a diagram and try and guess the move. That is why I made this site anyway. This is very useful when trying to learn opening variants or practise tactics
You may need to resize your browser window for best results. There is also on option, if registered, to make the boards bigger
To upload games, you first have to register. Registration is hassle-free. Make sure you enter an email address in the Settings manager, so that I can help you recover your password if you happened to lose it. Creating more than one account is allowed, if you want to categorize your games
Your games must me in the Portable Game Notation (PGN) format. You can Add games and paste them in the text field. As of now, there is a limit of 10 games you can add to the database at a time. If the games are on the net, you can Get Games from URL
You can see a list of the games you have uploaded here. Click on a row to jump to a game. Scroll right and you can delete a game. Games which are marked for deletion will be deleted after clicking on Remove deleted games
You can also set a game to public or private
Before what moves are chess diagrams printed ? You can set it here. Chess diagrams can be printed
- Before a critical move (!, ?, !!, ?? , !? , ?! )
- Before a commented move
- Before a move which has several branches
At this stage you cannot set this for individual games, so if you want different settings you will need different users! Other users will see your games the same way you see them.
Here you can also choose whether you want your boards to be big
Features & Bugs
There are some features I'd like to add in the future
- A better user management (with email notification and password retrieval)
- kibitzing in games
- A better, more responsive interface while browsing games (not AJAX-based) (interactivity wasn't my main concern at the start)
- Save searches and games collections
- Multi-User games (several users commenting on a move...)
- More options (board color...)
- Better paging (max search result > 500...)
- The PGN Parser is not the greatest (or as good, as, say, Chessbase Reader's ). A good idea is let the games go through programs which will produce fully conformant PGN games (e.g. Chessbase Reader)
- If you have several branches starting with the same move, the chessboard interface will behave inpredictably
Feel free to report errors. Important : The games you post must either be commented by yourself, or they cannot be copyrighted by third parties! If you insist on posting copyrighted games, make sure they are private !